Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Like my dad

Aaron was awake minute ago telling me he could not sleep with the light in the hall on.  I said a quick prayer while sitting next to him but before I finished I heard Aaron snoring. He fell asleep that fast. 

My dad was the same way. Whenever I was scared at night I'd run to my parent's room, flick on the light, and hop in between them and feel safe. But then my dad would complain, he'd say "oh no-I can't sleep with the lights on!", "turn off the lights!", "I can't sleep like this", then an instant later I heard a huge, train wreck of a snore from him, and my mother was so used to it, she slept right through it.  He was sound asleep, from 0 to REM! 

I have never been one to fall asleep so suddenly. They make me laugh and to think I'd see it in my son all over again, is just a blessing!  Lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment